The focus of the camp is to offer a basic horsemanship program which develops:
Riding skills, Horse Care skills, Stable Management skills, and Safety skills.
- Small group lessons with safe, suitable school horses for each riding level.
- Use of cavalletti and gymnastics for balance and control exercises.
- Qualified, experienced instructors who endorse the US Pony Club Manual as a teaching tool.
- Daily free time for bonding and caring for the horses, visiting with friends at the pool or just relaxing.
We'd like to share a little of it with you here. Come join us! Click here for Camp Photos.
Spend a weekend riding, meeting new friends and attending a horse auction.
FALL CAMP WEEKEND - October 2018
Enjoy a weekend of riding, attending the Pennsylvania National Horse Show, and renewing old camp acquaintances. Fee is $225 - which includes transportation and tickets to the horseshow.
Co-ed Day Camp for children ages 7-14.
Campers arrive at 8:30 each morning and are picked up at 4:00 each evening.
Day camp is especially helpful for the younger student who has never ridden or has limited experience with horses. Activities are similar to boarding camp - except that day campers ride once daily. Safety is stressed and campers are taught safety rules, parts of the horse, saddle and bridle and stable management. Campers bring lunch and bathing suits to swim.
Camp Dates and Fees for Summer 2018
- June 18 - 22 ............Day Camp $500.00 (8:30-4:30) 2 rides per day
- June 25 - 29..................Day Camp $500.00 (8:30-4:30) 2 rides per day
- July 2 - 6 ........................ Beginner Day Camp $300.00 (8:30-2:00) ( 1 ride daily)
A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 per week is required with the application. In order to maintain our small enrollment, no camp fees will be refunded or credited after June 1, 2018. For more information on availability email firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Equipment For Day Camp
- Sheet and pillow for rest time.
- Swim suit, pool towel, goggles, pool shoes, sunscreen.
- Shorts and tops
- ASTM approved hard hat with harness (May be rented at Holiquin-$5.00)
- Gloves, long pants or jodpher pants, knee socks.
- Jodpher boots, high leather boots, or a boot with a heel for riding.(No high rubber boots)
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag lunch daily except for Friday. (Bring lunch money for Mikies on Friday)
- Money for candy store, soda machine optional. Juice provided.
For more information, see phone number on main page or email email@example.com