The focus of the camp is to offer a basic horsemanship program which develops:
Riding skills, Horse Care skills, Stable Management skills, and Safety skills.
- Small group lessons with safe, suitable school horses for each riding level.
- Use of cavalletti and gymnastics for balance and control exercises.
- Qualified, experienced instructors who endorse the US Pony Club Manual as a teaching tool.
- Daily free time for bonding and caring for the horses, visiting with friends at the pool or just relaxing.
We'd like to share a little of it with you here. Come join us! Click here for Camp Photos.
Spend a weekend riding, meeting new friends and attending a horse auction.
FALL CAMP WEEKEND - October 13 - 15 2017
Enjoy a weekend of riding, attending the Pennsylvania National Horse Show, and renewing old camp acquaintances. Fee is $225 - which includes transportation and tickets to the horseshow.
Girls only - ages 8-16. Campers arrive on Sunday evening at 7:00 and depart Friday at 6:00pm.
Daily activities include two riding lessons, horse care, stable management, games on horseback, field riding, and swimming. Field trips to Mikie's for ice cream, a local tack shop... hiking at Catoctin State Park, and the horse auction.
Co-ed Day Camp for children ages 7-14.
Campers arrive at 8:30 each morning and are picked up at 4:00 each evening.
Day camp is especially helpful for the younger student who has never ridden or has limited experience with horses. Activities are similar to boarding camp - except that day campers ride once daily. Safety is stressed and campers are taught safety rules, parts of the horse, saddle and bridle and stable management. Campers bring lunch and bathing suits to swim.
Camp Dates and Fees for Summer 2017
- June 18 - 23 ............Boarding Camp $800.00
- June 25 - 30.................. Boarding Camp $800.00
- June 18 - 30 .............2 week boarding camp, includes weekend $1750.00
- July 3 - 7 ........................Day Camp $400.00
A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 per week is required with the application. In order to maintain our small enrollment, no camp fees will be refunded or credited after June 1, 2017. For more information on availability email firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Equipment For Boarding Camp
(write names on all items)
- Sheets and blanket or sleeping bag, pillow.
- Towels, washcloths, soap, shampoo
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Bathing suit, pool towel, flip flops or pool shoes, sunscreen, goggles
- Shorts and tops, tennis shoes or casual shoes
- ASTM approved hard hat with harness, riding gloves. (We have hats for rent-$5.00)
- Jodphur pants or long pants for riding, knee socks
- Jodphur boots, high leather boots, or a boot with a heel for riding. (No high rubber boots)
- Jacket or sweater
- Laundry bag, laundry detergent, quarters for washer and dryer
- Spending money for soda machine, candy store, ice cream at Mikies, snacks at horse auction.
Suggested Equipment For Day Camp
- Sheet and pillow for rest time.
- Swim suit, pool towel, goggles, pool shoes, sunscreen.
- Shorts and tops
- ASTM approved hard hat with harness (May be rented at Holiquin-$5.00)
- Gloves, long pants or jodpher pants, knee socks.
- Jodpher boots, high leather boots, or a boot with a heel for riding.(No high rubber boots)
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag lunch daily except for Friday. (Bring lunch money for Mikies on Friday)
- Money for candy store, soda machine optional. Juice provided.
For more information, see phone number on main page or email email@example.com